Since 1984, the Canadian Hardware and Housewares Industry Hall of Fame Award has honoured individuals who have been builders of successful enterprises in the industry, and who have made outstanding contributions to the industry through their leadership and innovation. The award is given to an individual in recognition from his or her peers for outstanding achievement, service and contribution to the Canadian hardware and housewares industry over a long career.
Nominations to the Industry Hall of Fame come from the CHHMA general membership and as trustee of the Hall of Fame, the CHHMA is honoured to play a part in this process.
Click here to see a list of past Inductees
The following criteria are taken into consideration when selecting a nominee:
- Must be Canadian
- Total years in the industry (minimum 15)
- Examples of innovation and pioneering
- Must be a builder of a successful business
- Involvement in outside activities that benefit the whole industry
- Can come from the retail, distribution, manufacturing or agencies sector
- Personal characteristics such as ethics and integrity
Click here for the Submit a Nominee Form